GVH Aerospace is a niche EASA 21J aviation design consultancy with a strong, employee focussed culture and highly professional work ethic. Currently experiencing strong growth in the civil airline, rotary wing and special mission sectors, we are seeking talented engineers to meet the growing demand of opportunities from within Asia and Europe, as well as our Australian design offices. Opportunities exist to work as part of a global and dynamic team environment both locally and abroad. We seek candidates who are driven by the success of the team, but can work autonomously with confidence, and who are motivated by opportunities for both professional and career development.
About the opportunity:
Working in this dynamic and growing team environment, the Senior Interiors / Structures Design Engineer, CVE will provide crucial support to both the Design Office team in the Airline and Special Mission sectors. The candidate will be sufficiently experienced to be appointed as a CVE signatory for Interiors/Structures disciplines, and will posses the maturity and competence to execute these duties within self assessed limits of experience and knowledge.
This role is located in Singapore.
As an integral part of the design office, the candidate will ideally be a flexible team member and lead engineer, and willing to conduct both working level design activities and CVE level responsibilities.
The candidate will also be required to support Operations Management functions of the company by providing input to quotes and contractual documentation, as well as taking on basic Project Management activities when required.
The candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary Qualified in a recognised Aerospace Engineering Discipline;
- Demonstrated performance in Cabin Interior Safety or Structures is essential; however, background in both disciplines would be preferred. Knowledge and experience in stress analysis would be an advantage;
- Previous experience as a CVE signatory for Cabin Interior Safety or Structures with European registered aircraft preferred;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the area of flammability testing and/or aircraft seat static and dynamics testing would be an advantage;
- Strong background and experience working as part of an EASA Part 21 Subpart J organisation;
- Proven experience mentoring and providing technical leadership to technical teams in a design office environment;
- Experience working with recognised CAD programs;
- Excellent task and time management skills;
- Confident to conduct aircraft surveys worldwide, within nominated discipline;
- Solid interpersonal skills and a demonstrated history of working directly with customers at a technical level.
What is it like to work with us
- Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident or prepared to work in Singapore (UK citizens);
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- Proven team player in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to consult to a diverse group of clients;
- Be a clear communicator both written and verbal;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude;
- Willing to travel to the customers locations as needed basis;
- Willingness to be a part of and driving the Nova core values and culture.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.What you get beyond the pay cheque
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work"
in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies"
- Flexible working conditions;
- Annual 2-day Retreat / Conference;
- Personal flexible and professional development benefits;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact the Nova's Talent Acquisition Team (Jason) in Australia on 61 (8) 8252 7100.