Work Experience ProgramNova’s Work Experience Program provides participants with a minimum of 8 weeks unpaid work experience over the summer break (November to February). The program is open to
university students in their penultimate or final year of studies, whose tertiary qualifications are aligned to Nova’s core capabilities. Participants are exposed to a broad range of engineering capabilities and a wide range of innovative projects that are aimed to develop and reinforce skills and competencies. The Work Experience Program is a stepping stone to the Nova Intern Program and Graduate Development Program. Work experience is seen as an early stage of our recruiting process to assess an individuals’ suitability for future employment but candidates should note that work experience does not guarantee future employment. Some of the work Nova does across our business requires an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) security clearance. Whilst a security clearance will not be needed for a work experience placement, candidates will need to be eligible for a security clearance as part of any future offer we may give. As such, Work Experience students (and Graduates) need to have Australian citizenship. Graduate Development ProgramNova’s Graduate Development Program provides participants with on the job training, tailored to suit specialist skill sets that contribute to solving the world problems that really matter. The Graduate Development Program provides:
Nova’s Graduate Development Program is typically a 2-year program. As part of the Program, Graduates will undertake three eight-month rotations. The rotations are planned and coordinated with the aim of optimising the exposure of graduates to the business and developing well-rounded consultants. Generally, the first rotation is aligned to the individual’s tertiary qualifications and one of the subsequent rotations is aligned to an identified capability. The rotations will consist of at least two eight month rotations into programs (client facing projects) with the third rotation potentially in innovation or training. Key Specialisation
- Professional development and a commitment to your personal growth
- Specific ongoing training for graduates
- Regular contact with senior staff including a dedicated mentor
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Annual personal and professional development allowance and leave
- Opportunities across the company including in Australia, Singapore and the UK
Each graduate selected for the Graduate Development Program will be required to develop a series of competencies that are aligned to one of Nova’s core technical and or operational mastery specialisations/capabilities. The specialisation will complement their degree and chosen field of endeavour. Nova’s current key specialisations are:
- Capability Development and Requirements Engineering
- Safety and Certification
- Modelling and Analytics
- Test and Evaluation
- Weapons Engineering
- Asset Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in either Aerospace / Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical / Electronic, Mechatronic / Systems or;
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science);
- Australian Citizen (Due to Defence Security requirements).
Employee Benefits:With a strong company culture and low staff turnover, Nova Systems were voted in BRW's "Top 50 best places to work" and AFR's "Most Innovative Companies List".
- Hands-on experience or understanding of computational tools
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to consult to a diverse group of clients;
- Be a clear communicator both written and verbal;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude;
- Working towards Engineers Australia membership and CPEng;
- Flexibility in work approach;
- Ability to travel at times.
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button submitting your resume (MS word only) and covering letter.Applications close 1st Sep 2017.Alternatively contact the Nova's Internal Recruitment Team on (08) 8252 7100.
- Generous professional development allowance and leave;
- Staff loyalty leave program;
- 3-day annual conference;
- Safari suit - mandatory attire to functions! (Don't worry you'll get an allowance for this)